Wednesday, September 24, 2008

still fighing a low grade fever

Emily had not had a fever for over 24 hours. We got home and she wanted to take a nap. I put her down and she wrapped up in her warm comforter. While she was asleep one of her favorite people showed up, Grandpa Steve. I left to pick up Haley at my Mom's and Steve stayed at our house. When Emily woke up she was damp with sweat. When I got home I also noticed she was warm. I took her temp and it was 100.3. The threshold for starting to matter is 100.4. So I was worried we were going to be right back in the hospital. She also started to cry a little thinking about having to go back. It's been several hours and she stayed on the border slowly working down to 100.00. I still wasn't happy to I got a wet wash cloth and rubbed her with it and had her drink some ice water. Then I waited a half hour and got a 99.6! So it looks like if we stay on top of it we can maybe keep her out. We can't give her Tylenol because it could mask a deadly infection. We can also assume her ANC is above 500, which is much better her 258 last Friday. She probably isn't neutropenic right now. But something is still up. It makes me very nervous, especially with the high pulse.

We're home but resting, at least I'm not. Tracy is at work tonight so I am home with both girls. Steve was a big help hanging out with his grand daughter, helping to put them to bed, and doing a quick shopping trip for us. Thanks Steve. Steve left around 9, so I am waiting for Tracy to come home around mid night. I should sleep, but I can't I'm worried about my girl.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope her fever goes down so you can both get some sleep tonight.

Unknown said...

I know just what it's like to be up late, unable to sleep, worrying about your kid. :(

Chris, I admire you so much for all you do for those little girls. And I don't even know you! (Just knew Tracy a long time ago!)

jmd said...

Chris and Tracy, my prayers are with you. I hope all of you will be able to get some well deserved rest and a little peace of mind very soon.

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily -
It was so wonderful to hear your happy voice today when you called very excited about the possibility of going to the park today. You are the sweetest girl and I love you more than ever. Take care and give Grampa Steve a big hug for me today.
Love, Grannie

Anonymous said...

Lots of love to the amazing parents - Tracy and Chris. We don't know how you do, but as parents we understand there are places inside of us we can go to for strength if it involves our kids. But nobody expects to face what you two have been dealing with...take care and lots of love, caring, strength, healing and hope for your household...
Jessica & John

Anonymous said...

We're glad Em got to come home. We're also glad that you folks are on top of that fever. May the good Lord give you all rest.

Lots and lots of love and prayers,
Auntie Diana ~^..^~ and Uncle Marty