Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The plan for Wednesday

Emily is doing well. Her pulse is still high actually, when they took her vitals and labs yesterday they found she was still running high. I begged Tracy to see the doctors about this after, and they were unimpressed and probably thought it was a waste of her time. They keep saying that she looks great and that's what is important and we need to just proceed with treatment. They will start to investigate her rapid pulse if it doesn't go away soon, but there seems to be no urgency.

Tomorrow she is going to go to the hospital at 9 for labs and IV hydration. She may need a platelet transfusion, so they will first take labs. After she is hydrated, maybe around noon, she will be put under for her LP, then back to the day hospital for IV chemo. A seriously long day.

For a treat tonight Emily had some cotton candy, I think her sweet tooth is back. I have two friends at work who have a cotton candy machine, and they made some blueberry flavored cotton candy a little while and sent some home for Emily. She really enjoyed it, of course :-).

I will update tomorrow night after the chemo-a-thon.

9 comments:

Emma said...

Good Luck tomorrow! We will be thinking of you. Sending lots of love. Cotton candy is the best.

Anonymous said...

Will be thinking of you guys tomorrow!!! Take care!
Love, The Learys

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow Em! -Mrs. Maino

Unknown said...

We'll be thinking of you guys too. I'm glad we're not at the hospital after all, but sorry you're going to be dealing with all of this tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Emily,
I will be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way tomorrow. It was so good to have you at school again on Monday. I have your picture of Leah, Ferb and Phineus at home with me and I am going to share it with my grand-daughter tomorrow when i see her. You take care honey and I am hopng to see you again real soon. Your blue cotton candy sounds yummy.

Love,
mrs. breit

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily -
Sounds like things are going better for you this week. Grampa and I will be there tomorrow and we can't wait to see you.
Love, Grannie

KMGheno said...

Hi Emily - Only thing better than BLUE cotton candy is PINK cotton candy (or so the kids tell me). Hurry home and keep up the good work, you are a #1 trooper!

Love,

Ghenos

Anonymous said...

Hi everybody. This is Emily. Thank you so much for the comments!
Love,
Emily

Anonymous said...

Emily is playing with my iPhone. It's good to see her doing so well.
Grannie