Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hard times

I was really hoping that the initial taper would have made Emily feel much better. She has perked up a bit, but is still really uncomfortable. She is still getting larger, like there is a lagging effect of the full dose. Right now she can't fit into her normal sized clothes.

When I got home from work tonight, my Mom was here watching the girls. She told me Emily felt a little hot. I took her temp and it is 99.5. I have taken it many times in the past hour and a half and it is consistently at 99.5. So she has a slight fever, which is a concern, but it would need to be 100.2 for over an hour for us to have to bring her into the ER. Hopefully it's just a minor fever and nothing to worry about. In an hour I am going to take it again and see where it is.

Tomorrow she tapers to a even lower dose of Dexamethazone, and I hope that she perks up even more.


UPDATE It is now about an hour after I originally posted, Emily's temp has returned to the 98 range. There is no worry this time, probably never was, just a nervous Dad. Tracy is at work tonight and I think I got myself worked up :)

5 comments:

Emma said...

Sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time, you will get through this, we are all thinking of you and sending good wishes your way. We hope the fever starts to go down soon. Sending big hugs...you are getting closer everyday.

Anonymous said...

Dear Pepper family,
We are all praying for you and hoping that things will soon be better for you. I am amazed at all of the strengh you have shown throughout this entire ordeal. Chris and Tracey you are amazing parents to two amazing little girls. Emily I wish you happy days ahead. I hope you have a better day tommorrow Emily.
Love,
mrs. breit

Anonymous said...

Nervousness is unavoidable, but you can never fault yourself for vigilance. Your and Tracy's attention to details is what has gotten Emily to this point and working towards a healthy, happy life. I am really pleased to hear that it turned out to be a false alarm. You guys are doing a fantastic job!
Celia

Anonymous said...

Chris, it has been a long time for you and your family and your dedication is amazing. Hang in there. Emily will really appreciate this wonderful blogging that you and Tracy are doing even more than she does now. Best wishes and tons of prayers to all of you.
- Linda S.

derbymomma said...

this stinks so badly for you guys. i am really sorry :(