Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Continued improvement

Emily is still continuing to do well. Her ANC was 600 this morning ! All of her blood levels see improvement. And she hasn't had a fever since last night. Her heart rate is still high, but trending down. Their best guess is the pulse rate is from steroid withdraw. They are keeping an eye on it today. Her blood cultures remain negative for infection.

Today she will get a chest x-ray to look at her mass in the chest. We hope and pray that nothing is going on there. The doctors seem pretty sure it's not bad, but until we know more, Tracy and I are nervous. They are also discontinuing the IV antibiotics today. If she goes to tomorrow morning with no fever, and her ANC stays above 500, she will be discharged tomorrow morning.

Very hopeful news all around. Once we get a chest x-ray result and news around that I will post an update.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Chris & Tracy -
Great news! We are all praying she will quickly be able to return home and continue her amazing progress toward the goal of complete recovery. Take care of yourselves and give Emily & Haley big hugs from me.
Love, Grannie

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
I LOVED seeing you yesterday! You are so creative with your art. I love how you decorated your closet. I'm sending you wishful thoughts that you are able to go home very, very soon.
Love and hugs,
Mrs. Smith :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you Emily...I am so happy to hear the good news. I made sure to tell Mrs. Spencer, Mrs. Maino and Mrs. Steffens that you said hello and everyone is sending hugs and positive thoughts your way. I hope to read tomorrow that you are able to go home.
Have a restful night.
Love
mrs. breit