Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Emily is home

Emily was discharged today. Her anc stayed at 500, dropping a little from yesterday but still OK to be let out today. Her pulse is still really high, but the Echogram and EKG see nothing wrong with her heart. The scary part is no one can really figure out why. Some think it is withdraw from steroids, but her main Oncologist, Dr. Link, doesn't think that's it, but he and the cardiologists really don't know why it is happening. She is also breathing rapidly. So we are at home, but not %100 by any means. Emily and I are going to watch TV and play video games this afternoon, and I will try to get her to bed early. This afternoon Grandpa Steve will be visiting and Emily is excited for it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily -
I'll bet you are so happy to be HOME! Grampa Steve is very excited about coming over to see you today and he promised to give you a big hug from me. I love you.
Grannie

Anonymous said...

Hi you guys - i've been reading the blog several times a day and thinking about all of you!! I am glad Emily is home and hope the rest of this clears up soon so you can all just rest! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help - laundry, grocery shopping etc...I'm really good at that stuff (ha ha!!)

Jessica Rose

Anonymous said...

Emily,
I am so happy to hear that you are home. I hope you had a fun afternoon playing with your dad and that you will get some rest tonight. I continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and I hope to see you again really soon.
Love,
mrs. breit

Jessica Nichols said...

Welcome home Emily!

You made it, I'm so proud of you. :)

What kind of art did you do? Painting, collage, drawing? I made a collage the other day out of two kinds of scrapbook paper and a button. I love using buttons in unexpected ways.

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear that she is home, but to me it's a little scary that she's not entirely well. I know that at times Ricky has been sent home before he was totally well and it freaked us all out pretty badly. Sometimes it ended up okay and sometimes not. But on the other hand, in many ways it's better to be home away from everyone else's germs, especially if you are immune compromised.

Hope she is soon back to her old self!