Thursday, September 25, 2008

Emily is much better.

Em seems to be feeling a lot better. This morning Tracy and I noticed her breathing rate slowed down and we assume that means her pulse is lower. She also got up and was walking around and participating in the normal family activities. Much more mobile. The best news is she doesn't have a fever at all. I have taken her temp 2 or 3 times today and got in right around 98.6 each time. It's really a great sign she fought off the fever last night. It was really scary though, we got close to having to go. I called the on-call doctor, which I haven't done since March. All signs are she is getting much better.

Monday she is scheduled for labs and if she qualifies at 750 ANC on Tuesday she will have an LP and a big round of chemo to start reconsolidation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!
Emily, I am so glad to hear that you are home and that you had a good day. I bet Hailey was happy to see you and have you home. I hope you and your family have a great weekend and I can't wait to see you again and all the mosiacs you have done.

Love,
mrs. breit

Anonymous said...

Yaaaay Emily. You did it! Once your immune system was back up to speed, you kicked those bugs to the curb. I am so glad to hear you are feeling better. Every day is one day closer to finishing all of this annoying chemo and having lots of energy to play, enjoy school, and have fun weekends every week.
Celia