Monday, March 17, 2008

We are home


We are home and we are all glad to be here. That's probably the understatement of the year. Emily's spirits are high and she's in a fantastic mood. Seeing her this happy is such a relief and Tracy and I are enjoying every minute of it.

By the way if you would like to sign up to bring us meals, here is a link, please sign up for a day to help us. We will be adding child care to this tomorrow. Here is the link. If you need help Erik's email is posted there for assistance.

https://www.quickbase.com/db/bdc7jspa5

SOME PEOPLE ARE EMAILING ME THAT THEY CAN'T LOG INTO QUICKBASE. HOWEVER MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SO I KNOW IT's WORKING. IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE (and you aren't an Intuit employee :-) Email Erik Hansen at erik"@"hanseniumDOTcom. He can either walk you through setting it up, or can just enter a date you'd like to bring food an handle it over the phone. However we'd REALLY like you to use Quickbase because then we can plan ahead etc. This will be the place to go everytime we are in the hospital. I can see now that we are home we are going to need even more help, no more nurse button. Nurse Tracy and Nurse Chris have it now.

Wednesday Emily will be back in the hospital all day for a Lumbar puncture which she needs to be put under for. So, we will enjoy our hospital free Tuesday and then we back for another round at Packard.

Before Emily was released today they did another Echo cardio gram, and that nasty shot into her thigh muscle. Tracy and I were trained on how to flush her PICC line and some other stuff. Mainly we have to keep her away from anyone who is sick, because every time she gets a fever we will be back in the hospital for a stay. There are a whole bunch of other details, I'll spare you most of them.

For me, going home wasn't quite as exciting as I imagined. I didn't realize that home medical supply people will be stopping by to deliver products and change her dressings. To me it feels like she's still sorta in the hospital she just doesn't need a IV. I guess what I am saying it's not like we are home just waiting for Emily to just get better. But at least the acute trauma phase is over for now, and we can enjoy ever last second of our little hero.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily, Chris, Tracy & Haley -
Congratulations to all of you in getting through the first leg of a very difficult journey. We are all so very proud of you, but Emily especially for being so brave. Even though we know there will be highs and lows along the way, it is just so good to see the whole family together on your front doorstep. See you tomorrow morning.
Love, Grannie

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

It was good to see Emily back home again, even if it's just from the porch. The boys and I have had a cough for a few weeks now but didn't want to take a chance. You never know. Quickbase didn't let me access the account... just signed up for it tonight. I'll try again tomorrow. Have a happy Tuesday! ~ Jane

Emma said...

We are so glad to see you are home! You are one truly amazing girl.

Anonymous said...

So happy to see you all together at HOME! It's always nice to be in familiar surroundings with your bed and toys and family! The home health care people can be really fantastic and a great resource to have. Emily, you are so brave to be able to take a shot in your leg. I bet no one else in you class has done that. You know, I take shots every day for my diabetes and I don't even like to take them in my leg! And I'm 35! You're only 6 and you're able to handle it! That's something to be really proud of. I'm so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Tracy and Chris, Thanks so much for sharing the news and keeping everyone updated. I can’t even imagine what a nightmare this has been for you all. It sounds like she is getting the best care and Emily is on the way to recovery…yeah! You all are in our thoughts…many good and happy ones!
With lots of love, Christine, Dave, Carina, & Garrett Murphy

Unknown said...

Welcome home! Emily, I can't imagine how nice it must be to be able to sleep in your own bed! You are all in our thoughts and prayers and we are sending you love and laughter from Los Angeles.
xoxox, Ever and Coby

Jayme Gurl! said...

Sweet Emily and family,
I am so happy that you are home now. You still continue to be in my prayers and are on the list for the prayer teams that I am a part of. Many people all over the world are asking how you are doing and also reading your blog. You are a very special little girl Em...you have a mommy and daddy who love you so very much. You are such a brave little girl too! I don't know if I could bear those needles in my leg. OUCH!!! Thank you for your sweet little smile and loving heart. I am glad you are home now.

Blessings...
jayme

Unknown said...

Hi Emily! We are so glad that you are home, keep up the great healing. Be strong. You are our Super Girl and we love you so much. Erika, Nelson and I are sending you lots of love, positive energy and strength from way over here in Singapore. We hope you can feel it! We think about you everyday and we'll come see you and give you a big hug as soon as get back home for a visit. Luv, Guy

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily: We were so sorry to hear that you had to go to the hospital. I'm sure you are glad to be back in your own bed now! Michele said you walked to Starbuck's with Daddy today. Wow that is a huge trek! Owen, Kevin and I have had a bad cough the past few weeks and wanted to make sure we were healthy before we visited. We hope to see you soon!
Love to you all- The Woodman 4
P.S. Erik has done an awesome job setting things up.

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
My name is Donna I'm your Mommy's co-worker. it's so nice to hear that your home now, my family and I will be continously praying for you...Be strong ok and keep that beautiful snmile on your face!!Hugs & Kisses,
Donna