Sunday, March 16, 2008

GREAT NEWS

We got some great news today. While we were advised the hospital stay could be 3 weeks, we were told this morning she is reacting so well that she is going to be released TOMORROW!! That's even shorter than a week from her starting chemo. To put this news in perspective, when we were told her official diagnosis, they said if everything went perfectly she could possibly be out in a week. This is even sooner than that, she's just fighting this super hard!

Yesterday after they removed her chest tube, they took an X-Ray, and over night they took a look at the film on some high resolution large screen thingy, and noticed significant reduction in her tumors. And since her labs look good also, there is no reason to keep here her after tomorrow.

She does need to get another nasty shot in her thigh Monday and then recover from the pain medication, and then we are OUT of here. We have already started to be discharged ! The Dr. let it slip to her in her exam today so Emily is really happy. (I can also personally prep myself for tomorrow's shot, since yesterday was so tough on me.)

Emily will then we in here weekly for 9 weeks (something like that) for an all day out-patient chemo treatment, which includes being "put under" for a spinal/Lumbar puncture.

Tracy, Emily and I are so excited about tomorrow. I can also say Tracy and I are getting more and more confident that our lives will get back to something closer to "normal".

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the best news I've ever had. We are so happy that Emily is making such tremendous progress on her road to complete recovery. All our best, and we'll see you again on Tuesday. Give Emily a big hug and a kiss from us.
Love, Grannie & Grampa

Anonymous said...

I am SO excited for all of you!!! That is wonderful news!

Kim Shakeri

Emma said...

YEAH!! What absolutely incredible news :) You are one strong fighter Emily.

Anonymous said...

I am convinced prayers do work!!! We are all so happy. Ava and I can't wait to visit Emily at home!!! Way to go Emily!!!

Annette Wagner aka Serpentina said...

Wow! That is great news! We hope things just keep on going this way for Emily. She is truly a fighter.

All our best,
Annette, Eleanor, and Robert (from moms group)

Anonymous said...

Wow wow wow wow wow...what great news! Jonathan is so happy for Em and so are we! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you Em! And for the rest of your family too! What wonderful news!!!
Love,
The Learys

Stephanie said...

We're so glad you're coming home, Emily! Hope to see you soon.

Love,
Ben, Lucy, Stephanie & Gray

Jon said...

Emily, we are all so glad you can use the work "home" again with a smile on your face. We are thinking of you each and every day.

Jon, Linda, Christopher, Lauren, and Thomas

Anonymous said...

Emily,

Its Grampa Steve. I've been following your progress since we got home Thursday night and your continued improvement has made me so happy. Getting to go home tomorrow is fantastic. I can't wait to see you again on Tuesday at your home.

Love you,
Grampa Steve

Anonymous said...

What great news! We are so happy for the whole family. It will be great to be home tomorrow! We'll come visit soon!
Love,
Sue, Tim, Luke and Will Butzow

Anonymous said...

I don't know you, but I heard your story and I am praying for you all. I am so glad to read the good news. God is called the "great physician." I pray you continue to see His hand in all of this.

Anonymous said...

TO LITTLE ANGEL...........I AM SO GLAD TO HERE THE GOOD NEWS EMILY, YOU ARE STRONG GIRL AND I AM SO PROUD OF YOU. YOU WILL BE ALWAYS IN MY PRAYERS, GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS AND FOREVER.......:)
LOVE ALWAYS BEV

Anonymous said...

TO LITTLE ANGEL...........I AM SO GLAD TO HERE THE GOOD NEWS EMILY, YOU ARE STRONG GIRL AND I AM SO PROUD OF YOU. YOU WILL BE ALWAYS IN MY PRAYERS, GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS AND FOREVER.......:)
LOVE ALWAYS BEV

Don Campbell said...

Wow this is great news. Good work Emily!

My daughter Abby was Emily's "buddy" at Country Lane last year. Abby and her family have been praying for Emily and her family and will keep praying.

God bless.
-Don, Sue, Abby and Shelby