Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Day

Today was much better than yesterday. Emily was feeling pretty well and had her spirits up. This afternoon she even requested on her own, that her teacher bring her some homework so "she can get caught up". I think it's a pretty good sign when a kid WANTS to do homework. Is she really related to me? :-) We went to Packard for a shot and to remove her dressing where the chest tube was. She has completely healed where the chest tube was inserted. It's nice to see that even in Chemo her body is healing itself.

Today I ran into a high school mate of mine who was there at the hospital delivering his first child. He and I went up and looked at her, she was so cute. That put a big smile on my face. Tracy also feels much better than yesterday which was a tough one.

Emily doesn't have to be back to the hospital until Monday. Having 2 days off is the longest rest she has had since this all started. We aren't sure what we are going to do, but we are happy to have some days off from that place.

(Unless there is something significant to report, I do not plan to make a blog entry tomorrow. I need a day off from it. But Easter I will be back with an update on our day.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear Emily had such a good day today. She is incredible. Please tell Emily that we wish her the best Easter ever and love her so much! We will see you all on Tuesday.
Love, Grannie Carol & Grampa Steve

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Emily, you are such a ray of sunshine. I'm so glad you had a better day today. Hoping you and your family will have a terrific Easter weekend! Hugs, Jane

Anonymous said...

So happy that today's been a good day. I continue to get replies to the prayer chain as recent as today and another yesterday. I know you know this, but people are praying everyday for Em and your whole family. Btw, I work very near to Mattel and have a contact there. There's a a retail store in their office, and although I haven't gone to see how big or what kind of selection they have, they do offer toys on sale. I might be able to see what kind of employee discount they have. If you think of anything, please let me know.


XOXO,
Elaine P.

Emma said...

Wow Emily after all you have been through this week, you still want to do homework, that is incredible! We are happy to hear that you had a good day. We hope you have a great weekend and that the Easter Bunny brings you lots of chocolate!

Kim said...

We are so glad you are all having a break from the hospital. May you all have a very wonderful Easter together, with a chocolate bunny just for Em.
Love,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Emily, you don't know us. We live in Maryland. I have an 11-year old daughter named Emily!

All of us hope that you are feeling better soon! We can tell that you are a very strong little girl and that your Mommy and Daddy love you very much.

We will say a prayer for you!

The Freeman family

brian said...

My daughter, Julia is in Emily's class. Last Sunday my wife took Julia and her older sister to visit Emily at the hospital. The
girls were very glad to be able to visit her. They returned from their
visit encouraged by how brave Emily is, and by the news that she would
be returning home the next day.

It must be very reassuring that she is being treated at Lucile Packard, which
is such a world-class facility, with the latest treatment methods. That, along with all the support you are receiving from your family, friends and faith, makes me confident of a positive outcome.

I can't express enough how much we all appreciate being kept up to date on Emily's progress. I read this blog regularly, and want to thank you so much for keeping us updated with everything. I'm sure writing about the highs and lows can at times be difficult. Hopefully, the process has a cathartic effect that allows you to face the next challenge with renewed vigor and resolve.

Enjoy your Easter.

Brian, Belinda, Julia and Sydney Michaels

Emma said...

Peppers, Have a very Happy Easter together!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, HAPPY EASTER!