Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tragedy in the tank

Even though I checked to make sure our fish were all compatible with each other, Leah the catfish, ate 5 of the 6 neon tetras. and the 6th one looks pretty nervous swimming around the tank. Emily is really sad about this. She's lost a majority of her new fish, just as she was getting to name them all. I feel really bad for her. She was upset but taking it pretty well. We will get some new replacement fish that are a little larger and who Leah can't eat. Emily wrote a note to Leah the fish about how mad she is and stuck it on the aquarium.

Emily is feel OK, but you can really see the effects of chemo adding up on her. She is very thin, has a little less energy, and isn't as up-beat. I am sure we will make it through this period, but as a parent it's hard to watch. I will probably take next Monday off and do something special with her.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no. Emily was so excited about her new fish. I hope the next group are nicer to each other.
Love, Grannie

Emma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emma said...

So sorry to hear about your fish. We hope Leah takes your note to heart and is much nicer to the new fish! Hope you are feeling better soon and that your body bounces back quickly from the chemo treatments. Sending lots of big hugs your way! :)

Anonymous said...

Emily, I am sorry to hear about your new fish and I hope Leah gets your message and will be kinder to her new roomates. I hope you will be back to your old self real soon. I will be looking forward to hearing about your new additions to the aquarium.

mrs. breit

halmom said...

Gee Emily, Yikes, sorry to hear about Leah's table manners! I'm sure your new aquarium set-up will work out better. I send prayers that you feel rested and strong real soon.

take care!

Unknown said...

So the evil fish is named Leah???

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Oh no! Emily was so excited too!The note on the aquarium made my chuckle... reminded me of when Ken stuck a post-it note on our cat when she scratched him, reminding her keep her paws to herself and how sad he was.

I saw Emily this morning and can see the weight loss. When her appetite is back, let me know and maybe I can deliver a yummy meal?

hugs,
Jane

Anonymous said...

Wow, sorry about your fishies. I guess those little neons look more like mice-fish to a catfish... I hope the new ones are bigger and look more like dog-fish...

May your resting period be full of fun and feeling good!

Lots of love and prayers,
Auntie Diana ~^..^~ and Uncle Marty