Thursday, August 28, 2008

A little scare, parent produced

I didn't plan to post today but we had a scare.

This morning after we all woke up, Tracy and I decided to check Emily for signs of a blood clot. We had no real reason to check, but we are very nervous about the clotting risk from her medication. One of the ways to assess a blood clot in the chest is to measure the diameter of each arm. If you are careful to do it in the same place on each arm, you would expect the measurements to be close to each other. But we observed that one of her arms was larger in diameter. Given that she had a blood clot in April, we wanted to have her seen. The doctors told us it was highly unlikely she had a clot, but offered to do an ultra sound to help ease our minds. The results came back negative, Emily does not have another blood clot.

Besides Tracy, Emily, and Haley having to give up a day to have these exams, I am glad we had the ultra sound. I have not been able to sleep very well since phase 4 started.

Emily will get another shot tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy that Emily is ok and there is no clot. Part of being a parent is doing what you feel is best for your child. This process you are going through is difficult for all of you and I think you need to do whats best for the peace of mind for all of you. I hope you will have arestful weekend and look forward to seeing Emily back at school soon.
mrs. breit

Anonymous said...

I am happy that Emily is ok and there is no clot. Part of being a parent is doing what you feel is best for your child. This process you are going through is difficult for all of you and I think you need to do whats best for the peace of mind for all of you. I hope you will have arestful weekend and look forward to seeing Emily back at school soon.
mrs. breit

halmom said...

Hello Peppers,
Yeah Emily, such a loving spirit you have to give your allowance to your sister in a sweet treat. I'm glad she has such a good big sister. Every day I send up prayers that you feel as good as possible. Sure glad you got to do some school and have a fun time in the pool with your friend.
Have a lovely week-end,
Barbara Fong

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily -
I was very nervous yesterday when I heard they needed to give you an ultra sound, but so happy all is well. I will see you very soon. We love you so much. :-)
Grannie & Grampa