Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Simply Inspirational

Emily had an amazing day, just seeing her dig deep and remain so positive, has given me a new burst of enery myself, hopefully to jam through the next few weeks.

This morning Emily woke up and as I was asking how she was feeling, she gaged and almost threw up. So I knew she was feeling sick from the moment of waking. Tracy was on top of it as usual and gave her a dose of Zofran. Soon after Emily was hungry and ate 2 eggs, 2 glasses of juice, and a bowl of cereal. She then announced that she was going to school, but as I was getting ready to drive her over, she got sick again. I ended up working at home in the morning so Tracy could do her errands and Emily was able to rest. At around 11:30 she was feeling well enough to go to school, and she walked over, and spent the remainder of the day at school. When I got home she was out in the backyard running around with her sister. I asked her how she was feeling and she ran up to me to give me a big hug and told me she was feeling "fantastic". How she was able to pull it together and have a great day, with all that Chemo on board is truly inspirational. It really puts "problems" into perscpective.

Today marks 9 weeks remaining until Maintenance. Single digits !!!!

5 comments:

Emma said...

Way to go Em...you are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Emily, I am so glad that you were feeling well enough to make it to school today. I am very proud of you for being so brave and strong. See you tomorrow, don't forget we have PE : ) -Mrs. Maino

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Emily, you are simply one amazing and inspiring young lady. One foot in front of the other despite the obstacles in your way. SO proud of you, girl! love and hugs, Jane.

Anonymous said...

Chris,
I don't get to see you very often, but see Emily and Tracey in the office at school. I know you know how wonderful Emily is and what an inspiration she is to all of us. She is always welcome to come into the office whenever she needs to regroup at school or just to chat. Today she was helping us run off the "Colt". Her strength and positive attitude continue to amaze us. 9 weeks will pass before you know it.

mrs. breit

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily -
We are so proud of you. You definitely are an inspiration to all of us. Keep hanging in there and keeping your spirits high. We love you so much.
Grannie & Grampa