Monday, August 25, 2008

Chem-a-Thon

Today Emily had more chemo, a chemo-fest actually. She had her Asperinginase shot along with IV Vinchristine and Doxorubacin. The shot was tough again, she really fought against it for a while but finally settled down enough for us to hold her down while they gave the shot. After the shot she got her IV medication. The whole appointment took 4 hours, so we were there a while.

After treatment we ordered take out from Max's at Stanford shopping center, and rushed home. Even after chemo, Emily put away a full bowl of Max's Mac n Cheese, one of her favorites.

Chemo is starting to take a little out of Emily, and it's hard to watch that happen. More often than in the past she just lays or sits expressionless, and when you ask her how she is she quietly replies "fine". I can tell she is sad. Steroids can also make you depressed so that may be going on too. I can't wait for the next 9 weeks to be over.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,
It's Mrs. Breit....I want you to know how proud I am of you. You are so brave and I pray for you every night and I am so excited to see you at school. I loved your nails. They are so pretty and pink. I hope you were able to find Mrs. Smith today. I told her you were looking for her. I hope to see you in the office again tomorrow. Come by my desk for stickers and please bring Leah along with you. Take care my dear.
Love,
mrs. breit

Anonymous said...

HI Emily,
Sounds like today was absolutely NO fun at all. You are so brave to go and do all this medical stuff - and guess what? It will be over and done with- and you will have made it through! Yey! Keep thinking about those good days ahead- and we'll all celebrate soon. I asked your mom and dad to help me find a date when you can come over and play.
Take care- we're thinking about you getting better fast!
Love,
Jessica & Emma

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Hi Emily...
I thought of you all day long. You are so brave! I got my TB shot and I thought of you and didn't flinch! (I'm SO afraid of needles). My boys were with me and they thought I was so brave! lol! If only they knew! lol!

Everything you are going through must be so frustrating. But you show me every day how to smile through even the hardest days. I'm thinking of you and sending you lots of hugs... love, Jane.

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily -
Every single day when I put on my red "Relentless" bracelet that I wear in honor of you, I say a little prayer that you will continue to be as strong as you are to get through this difficult time. You are an inspiration to me and to everyone who knows you.
Love you bunches and bunches,
Grannie

Jessica Nichols said...

So this phase will be over by Halloween? I tried to count forward nine weeks but I wasn't sure exactly. I need a date to focus my energy on. A countdown.

Emily, you are one day closer to being done today. It's 5 p.m. You made it through another hard shot. You are awesome. I know how you feel right now and I really wish I could go get your shots for you. I hate shots too, I do and I have had a lot now, but I would take all of yours for you right now in one day if it was possible.