Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Emily is hanging in there the best she can through her current treatment. Her appetite has increased and she is having food cravings that you expect to see with steroids. The past two nights I've been woken at 3am by Emily wanting a meal. I've given her a bowl of cereal each night and that seems to do the job. Mainly she is sad, as Tracy posted on Friday. She seems happier in the mornings when she first wakes up and gets worse as the day goes on.

Today I took Emily up to my Mom's for a surprise visit. She really likes to go to Grandma's house. We had lunch, and then my Mom read her a few chapters of Little House in the Big Woods, and then we decided that Emily wanted to stay and spend the night. She was happier with Grandma than I've seen her for a while. Luckily I had her medication with me, so I left it with my Mom and we will see Emily tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody is better at making a little girl feel like the center of the universe than her Grandma. I am sure that Emily had a wonderful time at her impromptu sleepover. Maybe Emily got to sleep in a big t-shirt with a ribbon belt like I did when I slept at my Grandmother's house.
Celia

Anonymous said...

Emily,
I hope you had a wonderful day with your grandma. I had my grandaughters at my house this weekend too. Grandmas and grandaughters have the best time. I am looking forward to hearing about Haley's birthday and your time with your grandma.
Love,
mrs. breit

Emma said...

Happy belated birthday to Haley!! Hope all the Peppers had a wonderful holiday weekend.