Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday's update

Emily is still in the hospital. Last night at 11 her Methotrexate level was .30, and she will need to be lower that .10 to be able to go home. From our experience she will be in at least until tomorrow, and we are worried about making out before Sunday. She is so close to being complete, but every time towards the end of these treatments we all get anxious and want to get out of there.

Tracy has been doing most of the hospital time and I've been watching Haley and working. As I have been saying, we are all looking forward to the in-patient part of chemo being over.

Emily's room mate is a little girl also from West San Jose. She was just diagnosed with Lymphoma and has 20 weeks of Chemo, so that shows how different the treatments can be, and puts into perspective how sick Emily is/was when she started.

1 comment:

Kim said...

How frustrating when you want to get out of the hospital but the stars are not lined up just so. Here's hoping you can get out of there soon, to at least enjoy one day doing something fun.

I've been thinking of what a tough girl Em is, because I've been taking antibiotics, and, wimp that I am, they make me queasy. What a brave girl Emily is to do the things that need to be done, even when it's a million times harder than all the ordinary little medicines I take.

It was SO nice, by the way, to see Tracy and the girls at PW. Em, you look fantastic, and my little man just lit up wanting to follow you around. He thinks you are the stuff. (And, boy, is he right!) I miss our Thursdays together.

Kim