Thursday, August 21, 2008

First day of School

Emily started second grade today. She woke up feeling very nervous about going to school, however by the time it was time to leave the house she seemed pretty excited. We met her teacher yesterday so Emily at least didn't have to worry about that part.

She is starting to feel the effects of this round of chemo. She was very tired yesterday, falling asleep at times she normally wouldn't. She also is starting to complain of stomach aches, which we expect from the Dexamethasone.

Tomorrow we have to go in for a clinic visit and she is going to get one of the 6 shots she has to get in this phase. It's one of those IM shots to her thigh that caused so much pain and anxiety in phase 1. She has so much to deal with, but we can keep her going by reminding her that maintenance is getting closer and closer every day.

7 comments:

Jessica Nichols said...

Might be time for this tee shirt.

When it gets hard, a little humor from folks who "get it" can really help.

Emma said...

Wow!! We are so proud of you starting 2nd grade :) How exciting. We hope you had a wonderful first day.

Kim said...

I'm glad the first day of school went well. Way to go, Em! I hope you like your new teacher, and I hope you get to sit next to some friends.

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily -
I hope your first day of 2nd Grade went really well. I am so proud of you, sweetie.
Love, Grannie

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily!
I hope you had a wonderful first day today. I loved seeing you at recess time. I am so proud of you. You're a second grader now, oh my goodness!
Love,
Mrs. Smith

Anonymous said...

Emily,
I am so proud of you. It was wonderful to see you at school today and to spend some tme talking with you in the office. I hope you enjoyed your first day as a second grader. I know you will like Mrs. Maino. See you again at Country Lane.

Love,
mrs. breit

Anonymous said...

Happy first day of school, yesterday! Hope you have a good classroom with a nice teacher and fun friends to learn with. Study hard and do your best! :-)