Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Lunch together

Today Emily, Haley and Tracy met me at lunch time at Mitchell Park in Palo Alto. It was really nice to see the girls on a work day, and it couldn't have been a nicer day to be outside at the park. Emily and Haley also got to climb around on some play structures, and I even climbed on a gigantic tree stump that has been turned into a play structure.

After we ate, I went back to work, and the girls were off to the clinic so Em could have her labs drawn. Labs are the only thing we had to do all week, cancer related.

Last night the female Molly fish started acting "odd" so we think she is just about to have her babies. Emily and I got a breeding basket and put the female fish in it. That way our friend Leah can't eat the babies. I have told Emily that we don't know what to expect, and aren't sure if the babies will live. I really have no experience with this.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Emily has lost a lot of weight. It really worries me when I look at her. I remind myself that she isn't acting odd and has her appetite back. I think she is going to be OK, but I don't like seeing her like this. She must be tired of my constantly asking "Em, how are you feeling? Are you worried about anything?" The answer is usually something like "I feel great, but I am worried Leah is going to eat more of my fish" then I relax and am happy her concerns are relatively trival and innocent and I then can relax a bit.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily -
So glad to hear you, Haley & Tracy were able to have lunch with Daddy today. Hope you are feeling great and that your Leah Fish doesn't eat any more of your other fish.
Love, Grannie

Emma said...

Kids are just the greatest! I love their outlook on life :) Glad to hear you were able to enjoy such a wonderful family lunch today.

halmom said...

Hey Family,
I'm glad you had a sunny breezy day for a lunch and play time outside; that sounds like an interesting park!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wondrful time at lunch today, and that the girls enjoyed some fun on the play structures. It sounds pretty exciting to be expecting baby fish...please keep us posted and it also sounds like you have taken precautions to protect the babies in case Leah is hungry again. Have a wonderful day Pepper family. Looking forward to hearing about the baby fish...and I am so happy to hear that Emily is feeling better.

Love,
mrs. breit

Anonymous said...

What a great time you guys had!

Good luck with the baby fish - we've had Mollies breeding for a few years in our tank - the breeding basket is a great way to go. Another alternative (for later on) is live plants - we've used those for years and no problems with fish being eaten...

The Pearce's

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
We had a lot of fun with your "girls" today at the Woodside tea party! What a bussel of activity up there! Anyhow, it was great to see everyone and many children, including Emily were regulars at the dessert table :)

Jessica

Anonymous said...

Thinking of all of you today and hoping you are having a great weekend!
Love, Grannie & Grampa

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Hi Emily! I've been thinking of you all week and sending you lots of happy thoughts. We're taking care of Zach's fish, Clifford. (Zach lives at the end of your block). I accidentally found out that he won't eat much but the teeniest of fish food so he hasn't eaten much in the past 24 hours. He's eating a bit more now. Such a pretty blue fish. Sending lots of ((hugs)) your way! love, Jane