Monday, June 23, 2008

Marching forward

After I posted that we were home on Sunday we spent a relaxing day around the house. We were all really tired, well except for maybe Haley who doesn't let anyone take a rest. Emily developed a few mouth sores, as a side effect of the methotrexate. She also has pain when she swallows. Both areas of pain are "mild" and are not requiring any pain medication. She is able to eat. We called the Dr. when we noticed them worried we were going to have to pack back up and go back to the hospital. As long as she can eat without pain we should be ok, some kids have to be hospitalized with this condition for pain mangement to eat. I have to admit I am worried about the next time and if she will get them worse. I can't believe what she has to go through.

This week she will be going in for labs on Wednesday and I think that is it. Good to have a light week after the hospital, so we can all get the energy up to do it again on July 2nd.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily - I'm sending you a big hug and hope you are feeling well this week away from the hospital. It's great for you to have a break from all you are going through. I love you so much.
Grannie

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily,
I heard how excited you were to go home from hospital. Thats the spirit! Keep on doing stuff and resting when you need to. Give Haley a big hug and one for yourself from me. Don't forget Mom and Dad as well. Love you,
Grampa

halmom said...

Hi Emily,

I am glad you are in your own bed. Hurrah! I'm sending prayer and good energy for you and your family. It is quite smokey where I am, hope your air is clear and clean.

Emma said...

I feel like I am always saying this, but what an amazing fighter you are Emily!

Anonymous said...

Emily, we are so glad you are doing so well. You really do know how to kick that cancer in the butt! We know you will be in the hospital on 4th of July and are so sorry you won't be able to attend the family 4th of July party. We'll all be thinking of you that day and want you to come visit and swim another time.
Love you lots,
Aunt Ann & Uncle Chris

Anonymous said...

People should read this.