Sunday, June 22, 2008

Emily is home!

Emily had her blood drawn at 6am this morning, her methotrexate level was .09 ! We got to got home !!! After we got the lab results we had to wait for the attending physician to come in and bless the discharge. We got home around 10am. Emily has a slight sore throat that we need to keep our eyes on. Hopefully it is nothing and just due to the dry air in the hospital room. Her blood counts didn't indicate any infection, which is what we are watching for. 1 methotrexate treatment down, 3 to go.

When Emily was release she literally ran out of the place, I could hardly keep up. She was screaming "I get to go home!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily -
Wow, you are so amazing! I'm so happy you're home and still "kicking cancer's butt" as you love to say. You are incredible and invincible. Grampa & I are so proud of you. Love you lots.
Grannie

Emma said...

What wonderful news!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad Em got to go home!!!
Thinking of you guys,
The Learys

halmom said...

Dear Emily & Family,
I read about you every day and I'm thrilled you are home. Your comfort and feisty spirit are in my prayers every day. I must tell you awhile back my friend did the treatments you are doing...and she just got married last week-end! She looked like a princess, an invincible princess.
Have a good one!
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hooray, hooray! There's no place like home! :-)