Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Long, Long Day, but everything is good.

We had a long day today. We had to show up at the hospital at 8:30am, to check in for Emily's procedure. Her LP procedure went really smooth, Emily was put under, had her lumbar puncture and recovered really fast. Then we were supposed to go to a hospital room, but the place is so crowded that there wasn't going to be a bed ready until 5pm. We were looking at having to sit in the recovery room for 6 hours. Luckily they changed Emily's order and allowed us to walk around with her in a wheel chair, hooked up to her IV. Around 4:45 our room was ready. We did not get a private room :-( and we realize how lucky we were the first time. Emily is sharing with a very little boy, who doesn't speak English. I could hear his nurse giving him Vincristine, so that probably means he is a new patient. Given that we are sharing our space is much smaller than last time, and Tracy and I are going to have to take turns sleeping in a easy chair. Last time we had a day bed for the parents. To be honest, I don't care, I feel SO LUCKY that Emily is a patient here.

Everyone remembers her from when she was first admitted and so happy to see how well she is doing. Tonight Tracy is going to stay here with Emily and I am going to go home, we plan to switch every night.

I will have more updates tomorrow.

4 comments:

Emma said...

We are glad to hear that Emily's day went okay but it is so sad to hear that the hospital is so crowded with sick children, it just makes your heart ache. We hope Emily's stay is uneventful and that she will be home soon. Sending lots of love your way.

Anonymous said...

Glad the LP went well. Emily is such a trooper! I look forward to seeing you soon.
Love, Grannie

Anonymous said...

We're glad Emily is doing so well through all of this.

Too bad her roommate can't speak English, but maybe she'll learn a few words of his language. Emily is so good at making the best of a situation.

May your overnights go well.
Lots of prayers and love,
Auntie Diana ~^..^~ and Uncle Marty

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily, Tracy, Chris and Haley,

I am happy to hear that Emily is doing so well...I will be leaving the Bay area for a few weeks but will have my laptop with me and continue to check the blog for Emily's progress. Please know that there are many of us out there praying for all of you and Emily's continued success with treatment and recovery. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts and am looking forward to seeing all of you when school opens again in late August.