Friday, June 6, 2008

clot is gone.

Today we got some unexpected good news. Emily's hematologist read the CT scan from Monday and the blood clot is GONE !!! Emily can discontinue her daily Lovenox shot tonight. We don't know if she will take it again in the future when she goes back on L-asparaginase in phase 4 as a preventative; we'll cross that bridge when we get there. It will be nice to see the bruising on her stomach from the daily shots go away.

Her blood levels from the labs taken this morning were mixed. Some levels were up and some were down as a result of two days of 6MP pill therapy. She is still on track to be back in the hospital next Wednesday.

Last night we gave Emily an unexpected treat. She isn't supposed to go to movie theaters, but since her ANC was so high earlier in the week, we decided to let her go. Tracy and Emily saw Narnia: Prince Caspian. She really liked it. Tis will probably be the last moive for 6 months so we're glad she got it in.

No big plans for the weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news -- the clot is gone! That is so wonderful not to have those twice daily shots to worry about. Tell Emily I'm really jealous that she got to go see Narnia. Have a great weekend.
Love, Grannie & Grampa

Jessica Nichols said...

I used to go to the movies too, even with a low ANC. It lifted my spirits so much. I asked my theater when was the least crowded days/times and I would go then. I never told my onc. either. I am not advising this to others, it was a little rebellious thing I did 8 years ago. I guess this is my long-winded way of saying I bet Emily loved being at the movies!

Emma said...

Sounds like a wonderful Friday and very well deserved! Enjoy your weekend. Great news on the clot.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! no clot! We're happy that Em is doing so well.

Have a great Father's Day.

Lots of love and prayers,
Auntie Diana ~^..^~ and Uncle Marty

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the clot is gone. One less thing to think about for parents and one unpleasant treatment out of the way for now for Emily.

Emily is an inspiring model for living life to the fullest. Now, I just have to go see Narnia: Prince Caspian for myself.
Celia

Unknown said...

Two posts in a row of such great news! We are so happy that Emily is making such great progress. Thank you for the updates! :-)

Lots of Love,

Uncle Patrick & Auntie Leah

Kim said...

I haven't visited the blog in too long, and it was great reading lots of good news. I'm so glad to learn that the clot is gone!

How exciting too for Em to go to the movies! Nothing like a big screen and big sound. Em, I hope you had an awesome time! The Narnia books were my favorites growing up. I can't wait to ask Emily when I see her next.

Kim