Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Emily will be back in the hospital tomorrow

Emily had her labs drawn this morning and her ANC level was up in the 800's which is good enough to be resume treatment. Tomorrow she will go in and be put under, have a procedure, and then be admitted for 24 hours of high dose Methotrexate via IV. She can go home when she clears it from her system, 3 -5 days as I have mentioned before.

I am glad treatment is resuming. Being on hold was tough. I have work meetings and deliverables that I had to cancel last week and put on hold for this week until I knew what the plan was for Emily. Selfishly I don't like all the waiting, but I know it's necessary. Tracy and I are now rolling out the plan for hospital coverage, who's going to sleep there which night, who is going to take care of Haley so we can be there for Emily, etc. There is a lot to do.

When we are in the hospital Emily and I have been planning to make a video so she can show you some of the places she goes when she is in treatment. She is also looking forward to making friends with other kids. If you are local, we'd love a visit too, I will post where we are once we have been admitted. Having a nice steady steam of visitors was so nice last time she was in. I will have my computer with me, so I will update everyone on how she is doing and feeling. The last time we were in-patient the whole experiecne was so nice, I hope it goes as well this time. Our circumstances for being there are so different. It will bring back a lot of memories though, especially when we see parents going through diagnosis like we were three months ago. I think the best thing I can do is just put on a good face so those parents can see that it's possbile for things to go well when your child is in treatment.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Chris & Tracy -
Even though it will not be easy at the hospital, it's good to hear things are back on track for this week. We all want Emily to get the treatment she needs to beat this disease. I'll see you soon.
Love, Grannie

Linda Curry said...

We'll be sending lots of loving support from Foresthill to the hospital tomorrow. And we are really looking forward to the video.
Love - Linda

Anonymous said...

We will be thinking of you guys!
Love,
The Learys

Unknown said...

I would love to see the video. :-)

Sending positive thoughts your way,

Auntie Leah

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you guys and eat lunch with you while you were waiting for Em's room to open up...we'll be checking for updates to hear how her stay is going!

Jen and the boys

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily,

I had such a good time visiting with you at Paige's birthday party.
Just wish I weren't so far away in Arizona or I'd come to visit you.
When you feel better and the weather is a little cooler, I hope you and Haley and your Mom and Dad will come to visit me.

There are a couple of fun things for all of us to do here in the
desert.

Love, Margaret