Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Today's plan

Today Emily is supposed to have her LP around 1:30 this afternoon. Same drill as the 3 previous treatments. She has an LP, then they start IV hydration, then she will get 24 hour IV drip of high dose methotrexate. Then comes the waiting game, how quick can she clear her system of Methotrexate. We plan to be in until next Monday, basing that on our 3 previous stays. This IS the last one, I know we are all happy about that. Let's all think good thoughts for Emily in her procedure, and I hope it's not too selfish to all hope for a private room, that would be a nice way to end this.

One thing that MAY derail today's treatment. Tracy has recently had the flu, and then last night I was up all night with the stomach flu. I'll save you the details, but I am very sick, and achey all over. This morning Emily is saying her tummy hurts, so we are watching that. It would be a setback if we have to delay this. I will post an update later today with what ends up happening.

No comments: