Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Are we on? or on hold?

Emily qualified for admission to the hospital today, per the results of her blood test for ANC level, which was 800. She also had a quick exam to clear her for admission. Then we were told that we are number 7 on the wait list to be in tomorrow. Sadly, there are so many sick kids, they have to use a wait list for treatments. Emily has to prepare as if she will be going in which means she will only be allowed "clears" after midnight and then is NPO after 6am tomorrow morning. Then we have to call the charge nurse at 9am to see if we can squeeze in. We also don't know if this would delay us a day, two, or what if we don't get in tomorrow. We have calls in to clarify it all, but at this time that's all I know. When I know more tomorrow I will update with a new post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily, and family,
I hope and pray that things move along for you as you wish them to. What a wonderful picture of Emily and Haley - Emily I love your hat.
Take care my dear.