Saturday, July 5, 2008

Slogging along

Emily's Methotrexate level at llpm last night was 0.84 at 48 hour after she started her treatment. She needs to be lower than .10 to be released. We are hoping to be close if not there by tomorrow, but it is so hard to guess.

Tracy is sick now too, so it's down to just me who can be with Emily in the hospital from our family. This afternoon Tracy and I are both gone, but she has a steady stream of visitors lined up to see her. When I told her there might be times this afternoon when she is alone, she smiled and gave me a thumbs up and said, "I kinda like being alone." I know that means she's excited to watch TV and play video games all afternoon. She has 4 sets of visitors stopping by as well, so she will be very busy without us. It's nice to get a break, and Tracy just can't be there with her cough.

Emily is mainly bored. She is also excited that at the end of this treatment she will be half way through Phase 3. All signs are she is doing really well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Tracy & Chris -
Hang in there. You are doing a great job being there for each other and dealing with the ups and downs of caring for two children in a very difficult time. I hope Tracy and Haley get better soon and that Emily gets through this hospitalization without a hitch.
Love you all,
Grannie

KMGheno said...

Hang in there guys; the Gheno's are sending good thoughts your way everyday. What a tough cookie!

Anonymous said...

Ummm, cookies! J/K! Hope there's some good TV watching and video game playing going on! Half way through Phase 3 is great. Keep up the good work, Emily!! I've been reading some good books lately. Are there any books I can get you so you're not bored? What do you like? (Sorry I've been quiet-- huge fire in Goleta. I was packing things to evacuate, but looks like the worst is over and they've got a handle on it, so no worries!) Take care and I'll talk to you soon! xo