Monday, July 14, 2008

This week's plan


We are back home and looking at a very busy week. Emily will be going in for labs tomorrow. We expect she will make her ANC counts which means she will be admitted Wednesday for another LP and round of high dose methotrexate. Same drill as the past two treatments, she will stay until she clears. Her first time look 81 hours and the second 116. Tracy and I will split up hospital time so I don't need to miss much work.

As I have mentioned in earlier posts, we don't like this round of chemo very much. It's name sounded so appealing "Intermediate Maintenance" and we had it in our heads that there wouldn't be much going on. It has turned out to be uneventful, but so much time in the hospital. When Phase 3 is all said and done, Emily is going to have spent over 3 weeks of time in the hospital this summer.

The picture up top was taken yesterday afternoon in Tahoe. Emily and Haley had a nice swim in the lake. Earlier in the day, Emily and I went on a 2 mile hike down the side of the Truckee river. You can see it was pretty smokey, still due to all the wildfires in our state. It's getting better but slowly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,
Sorry it has been so long since I have written you. I am so glad to hear that Emily continues to do well. That is a darling picture of the girls in Tahoe. Those methotrexate stays can feel long. I am sorry to hear that she got mouth sores..no fun! I can't believe she went on a two mile hike..that is wonderful. I am glad you had fun in Tahoe.
Take care,
Theresa