Sunday, April 19, 2009

What a difference a year makes

We just got back from our spring break trip to Southern California. It was a really successful and fun trip. The first half I already wrote about which topped off with Emily getting to meet Miley Cyrus. The second half of the trip was spent in San Diego and we had a great time. We were with some friends the whole time who also have kids. In our group we had a 1,2,3, and 7 year old, so there wasn't much rest for the adults. We went to Sea World, Lego Land, and spent a day kicking around the pool and sea port village on mission bay. The weather was perfect, mid to upper 70's during the day and nice and balmy in the evening. The only bad part of the trip was the drive home from San Diego to San Jose, I think we found every traffic jam on the way up, but that's really not bad for a weeks worth of fun.

We were remembering last year and Emily was too sick to do anything but lay on the couch and watch me play video games during spring break. I can't say it enough, I am so amazed at how well she is doing and how resilient she is and how positive about her future she is. It really makes me enjoy our time together even more. It's almost sad to admit that but it's true.

This week is Prednisone and IV Chemo treatment for Emily on Wednesday. She is still on %100 dosage and we expect she will stay there when she has her labs on Wednesday. She will also be getting her monthly physical exam from Dr. Link.

Once I have a few minutes to get things organized I will try to post some new pictures from the trip, probably on Wednesday's posting to the blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris,
I am thrilled to hear about your wonderful spring break. I have been following your comments on "Facebook" and have so enjoyed the pictures of Emily's meeting with Miley Cyrus. I can think of no family more deserving of the great time you have had this past week and I know that there are good even great days ahead for Emily. She is truly a remarkable young lady.....one of those people where "the sky's the limit". Everytime I think of her a big smile comes to my face. I continue to follow her progress and wish you all the very best.

Cathy Breit

Jessica Nichols said...

Seaport Village, wow I haven't heard those words in years. :)

I remember last year when you posted about playing video games and Em watching you from the couch. I am so glad that is behind you and you had a wonderful trip!

Welcome home...

Emma said...

So glad to hear you had such a great trip! Good luck this week!