Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Things are looking up, really likely a discharge tomorrow

They are preparing Emily's discharge papers, and baring a turn for the worse she'll be out tomorrow and even resuming her chemo. The main reason for keeping her was the high fever and low O2 saturation levels in her blood. The O2 saturation is already back at an acceptable level, %97 (she is usually %99 or %100 but yesterday was at %90), and her fever is going away, the last temp read was 99.7 degrees, so a tiny bit elevated but lower than the threshold for keeping her, as long as it doesn't spike again, it's very likely she'll be sleeping in her bed by tomorrow night ! At this point I plan to sleep over in the hospital with her tonight and head right into work from there, and meeting the family when I get home.

I am home for a nap before heading back in for tonight.

I am feeling much better that she's going to be back on track very soon. Emily is SO tough, I know she knows she's going to be fine, it's Tracy and I who worry most.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to hear that Emily is going to go home Wednesday. She has an amazing spirit!!

I agree with you Chris, Stanford is the best place to be when you are very ill. They have thier flaws like anything else but they saved my life and I wouldn't go anywhere else!!
Much love and prayers,
Melinda and Ray Hair

Anonymous said...

Great news! Emily IS a very strong girl. She's doing her usual plugging away at whatever she's up against and beating all the odds. She is terrific!
Love, Grannie