Saturday, January 17, 2009

donating Girl Scout cookies

Just wanted to quickly add something that some of you might not know: There is also an option to donate boxes of Girl Scout cookies to your choice of three different charities (the Red Cross, a local food bank, or military troops), and Emily would still get credit for selling the cookies. This option might be good for some of you who would like to support Emily, but would rather not have boxes of cookies calling to them from the cabinet in the middle of the night. This option might also work for some of you who don't live nearby and would like to support Emily.

If you would like to donate some cookies to charity, go ahead and fill out the order form below. (One of the choices in the first drop-down menu is to donate to charity.) We will contact you with details.

I want to also add here that I sincerely appreciate all the support you all have given us these last 11 (gasp!) months. It means more to me than I can express in words. I can't believe it's almost been a year since Em was diagnosed. So much has changed, but Chris's nearly daily posts and your comments have been a source of consistency for me. It helps so much to know that there are so many of you out there who are thinking of Emily and of our family. I can feel the good vibes you all are sending!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for posting about the charity donation option, Tracy.

I wanted to donate 3 boxes to the military (it doesn't matter, but I clicked Thin Mints), and ordered 1 box of the lemon chalet's for myself. I hope I did it right!

Hugs!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy -
Good to hear your "voice" on the blog. It is impossible to have any idea how many people are continuing to watch this blog for news and continuing to pray for our Emily after almost a whole year. I too am so grateful for all the support and love being sent your way.
Love you so much.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hello Tracey,

It is nice to hear from you. I am so happy to see Emily selling cookies and enjoying activities like girl scouts. It's been quite a year for Emily and your family. You have taught many of us invaluable lessons over the past eleven months. Hoping to see you in the near future.

Cathy Breit

Emma said...

Tracy, I was wondering if you had the donate option, glad we could support Emily's troop! Hope all of you are doing well. We finally got some snow!! yeah :)