Thursday, October 16, 2008

Today the transfusion caught up to Emily.

Today Emily finally had to have that transfusion that has been chasing her for a few days. Once again she was borderline on RBC's but getting pretty low on platelets. We had a choice, transfusion today or tomorrow because of the lagging effects of them chemo they would not have been comfortable letting her go all weekend. Even though she isn't taking medication right now, the effects of the last course of cyterabine are kicking in, as expected. They warned us she would be really low after this phase and that's why she has 3 weeks off, at least, to recover.

Even though her levels are so low, you really wouldn't know it. She has been going to school, holding daily dance parties here at home, and tough as ever to get to bed at night. She's just amazing when it comes to putting the hard things aside and just dealing with what she has to. It amazes me on a daily basis.

Next week she will have labs to continue to monitor her blood levels, and she will also have a physical exam to check how she is doing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, Tracey, Emily and Hailey,
I continue to monitor Emily's progress each day. I agree with you Chris. You have an amazing daughter. I hope you will be up for being at the walk-a-thon on Saturday. I'm looking forward to seeing you Emily. If not, I will talk to Mrs. Smith about when she may be coming for a visit. I'd love to join her. Sending continued positive thoughts and prayers your way.
love,
mrs. breit

Anonymous said...

Emily continues to amaze us all with her resilience and fortitude. I love that she's holding dance parties just as she always does. Wish I were there to see her and Haley doing their dances around the room. Love you and see you next week.
Grannie