Sunday, October 19, 2008

Action packed weekend.

We had a fun weekend with lot's going on. On Saturday we had the walk-a-thon at Country Lane School, which is a annual fund raiser for the Home and School Club. Emily did several laps, enough to win an Otter pop and called it a day. It's a really fun event we have done it every year we have lived here in our home. After that we took it easy around the house before we headed over to our friends the Scotts for dinner and so the girls could play. They have 2 two girls roughly the same age as our two and they all get along really well. The Scotts have an outside fireplace and we spent most of the evening enjoying the nice fall weather next to a warm fire. The kids ended up inside watching a video while the "grown-ups" sat and talked outside. It was a fun night. We are going camping together next weekend so we talked a little about that up coming trip.
Today we had a crazier day, with Emily and Tracy going to the ER to have Emily's blood checked. We noticed that she had some bruises that were unusual and wanted to make sure her platelettes were at a high enough level. They were and it was a false alarm, but she just had a transfusion for them and we wanted to make sure she didn't need another one. I also got in a nice hike in the late afternoon with my friend Rob later in the afternoon.

This week Emily will have labs on Tuesday and Friday. We are expecting that she will start to recover her blood counts this week. We plan to have her in school all week except when she has to go to the clinic for lab draws.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,
I am happy that you had such a fun weekend. I'm sorry to have missed you at the walk-a-thon. I was there for about a half hour at 9:30 and then left to watch my grandaughter's soccer game from 10-11. I did come back to the walk-a-thon and stayed for a couple of hours. I like my new job, but I sure do miss all the children. I hope to get to see you soon.
Love,
mrs. breit

Emma said...

Glad to hear that all of you had a fun weekend, with the exception of the ER trip. It is so great to hear that Emily is doing so well. I bet she is getting excited for that big 7th birthday coming up!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily -
Sounds like you had a fun weekend, sweetie. I am so glad you didn't have to have another transfusion. Looking forward to my visit with you on Thursday. See you then.
Love, Grannie