Thursday, October 2, 2008

Emily is springing back to herself.

Emily had a great day and she seems to be feeling better and better every day. She is so much happier and in good spirits and is walking all over the house. She should be stomach sick because of the chemo yesterday, but she's not. She didn't go to school today but we are planning for her to return tomorrow, and to start going as much as possible. She will probably get neutropenic during this phase, and when we know she is, we may keep her home, but our goal is to get her going to school like any other 6 year old. She also wants to return. Today her Grannie was here and they hung out all day. Tracy gave Emily her IV chemo around 3, that went well. Her port gave a nice blood return, which means the clogging in the line seems to be resolved. Things seems to be going well.

My friend Angie is walking in a Leukemia and Lymphoma society "Light the Night" walk-a-thon event this coming weekend in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. I know there are many Light the Night events this month around the country. Here is the link if you want to sponsor Angie in her endeavor which she is doing in honor of Emily. All the money given to the Leukemia and Lymphoma society goes to good use. They fund research initiatives, patient services, and education. Their website is really comprehensive on both diseases and their variants. Angie walks this Saturday. Thanks Angie !

http://www.active.com/donate/ltnPittsb/2484_abasham

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay Em!

Ricky went back to school today. It just amazes me how resilient these kids are. Pneumonoia... Chemo... Doesn't stop them going to school! They're incredible.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am so glad you had a good day Emily and I am glad you will be back in school tomorrow. Please come by the office to see us. I'm sure everyone in your class will be happy to see you too.

mrs. breit

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am so glad you had a good day Emily and I am glad you will be back in school tomorrow. Please come by the office to see us. I'm sure everyone in your class will be happy to see you too.

mrs. breit

Anonymous said...

Dear Chris & Tracy -
It was so much fun being with Emily yesterday. She is doing so well even under these terrible circumstances, and I am so proud of her. I also loved taking care of Haley during your marathon hospital visit on Wednesday. She is a kick in the pants. I am so sorry I can't be there next Wednesday, but I'll be there soon.
Love, Grannie