Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Emily had her last LP

Emily has her last scheduled LP today. It went very well. We arrived to have her port accessed and for a physical exam around 10:15. All the appointments went relatively fast, and her LP procedure started around 12:30. For whatever reason she was a little more disoriented and cold when she woke up, but after a little while was feeling well. An Oncology nurse stopped by the recovery area and gave the Cyterabine to her while she recovered from the LP. After that they sent us home, around 2:30. Before we picked up Haley from my Mom, we stopped at the Dutch Goose to get Em a grilled cheese sandwich. She and I played a round of pool too, her first time ever.

There is no more sedation planned in her treatment. She will need to be put under probably in January to have her port removed. This week we still need to give her more Cyterabine via IV, and she will continue to take her 6TG pills until next Wednesday. She will have labs on Friday and next Monday, as they expect her levels to drop really low and possibly need a transfusion. She has appointments for transfusions next week, but will only get blood products if the labs justify it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily -
I'm so happy to hear you didn't have such a long hospital visit today as the 12 hours last Wednesday. Thinking of you every day.
Love you,
Grannie

Anonymous said...

Hi Em,
I have been following your blog since the beginning (your dad has done a great job @ it)and I am so happy to read that your treatments are going good!
I cant wait until you can come back to the DDS office and have your teeth cleaned, we all miss you and our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your AWESOME family!!

Jen @ Dr.Carlsons office

Anonymous said...

Emily,
I am so happy to hear that things went well today. Did you like playing pool? I hope you will be in school Thurs. or Fri. so that I can see you again before I leave for my new job. I will be at the walk-a-thon as well and hope to see you and your family there. Keep on being the strong happy positive little girl that we all know and love.

Mrs. Breit

Jessica Nichols said...

What a great milestone! No more planned sedation, I love the sound of that! :)

Unknown said...

Yay Emily!

And port being removed... What a milestone THAT will be. :)