Saturday, May 3, 2008

Update for the weekend

Today Emily had to go to the clinic for labs to be drawn. We don't have the results yet but expect her levels to continue to drop. Other than that, we are just having a normal weekend. My brother is in town and he and my Mom are going to come over for dinner tonight.

Emily continues to walk more and more everyday. She isn't using the stroller at all. I did 5 days in a row at work, which is a first since this all started. She is doing a lot of things she hasn't done since she was diagnosed. I am going to take next Wednesday off since Emily will be put under and I always want/need to be there then. I never talk about Haley here, but she just turned 20 months, and is a total cute handful. She is learning new words every day. She knows Emily is sick, we teach our kids baby sign language and one of the signs Haley knows is "pain" She often points to Emily and does the "pain" sign. She holds Emily's hand and "helps" her up the stairs and back on the couch, you can see the tight bond between these two Pepper sisters.

That's all for now. Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy & Chris -
The description of Haley helping Emily up the stairs creates an image I'll never forget. They are both such sweet, adorable little girls. Take care and keep the faith. Love you lots.
Grannie

Emma said...

We hope you all had a nice visit with your brother and your Mom. We are so happy to hear that Emily is walking so much more now. Sounds like Haley has a great big heart just like her big sister.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy! I finally found your blog spot. I think about Emily, you and your family often and send many good thoughts your way.
After reading your many postings it is so evident that Emily truly is a fighter! I hope that you and Emily feel the love that all have sent your way and that you are able to draw strength from it.
All my love and Blessings,
Dawn Runkle (C3 RN)

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Precious moments to carry you through the tough times... family is forever after all. Lots of hugs, Jane.