Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday's Update

Today Emily had her labs drawn, and her ANC levels were over 1000 so she can resume Chemo. Her hemoglobin was so low she is getting a transfusion this afternoon so she has more energy and strength for tomorrow. She still seems to be feeling good, but the labs indicated a transfusion.

Tomorrow we'll be checking in for the procedure at 7:30am. She'll be put under for her Lumbar puncture. Next she will be hydrated via IV, and then given Cytoxin in her IV. After that we have to wait 3 hours while she gets more IV hydration. She will also be getting her Cyterabine and starting her daily Chemo pill.

There is a future complication that they are starting to monitor. Her platelets are also getting low, and this phase of chemo should lower them more. Her blood thinner may not be indicated if this happens, so I am not sure what we would do about the clot. I hope it's gone and we don't have this worry. I am trying to get her in for an ultra sound before Friday when it is scheduled, in hopes we can D.C (discontinue) the Lovenox therapy.

We are now 2 months into Chemo, it feels so much longer and I don't know how I will make it through another 22 months of this, but I will. I know Tracy feels the same. thanks everyone for the continues support.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so good to hear that things are on track and that Emily has been able to maintain such an upbeat attitude. Your strength amazes me and I know you will all make it through with courage and good humor. Thanks for letting us into your private life. It makes optimists of us all.
All the best....Celia

Emma said...

We hope everything went well with the procedures today. We are sure you and Tracy are weary of the long road ahead but all of you have been so courageous and brave this far it is truly astounding. Just remind yourselves, as you had mentioned in a previous post, one day at a time (I know, easier said than done). Sending much love and big hugs your way.