Sunday, May 25, 2008

Almost done with phase 2

Yesterday Emily had her last dose of IV Chemo in phase 2 of treatment. She still has two more nights of taking a pill called "6MP" to complete Phase 2. After that, her doctor will monitor her labs, and when her blood levels reach certain criteria, she will start Phase 3. They told us some kids take 1 to 2 weeks in between phases.

Emily is feeling really great. She is doing pretty much everything she did before she was diagnosed. She continues to lose hair, but she still has some. This weekend we don't have anything planned and have been taking it easy. This morning Emily and I went and played another round of mini golf, and then did some shopping. The weather here is pretty cold so this afternoon she is watching a movie with Tracy. Sitting here looking at her, as I write this, it's hard to believe that a few weeks ago she was so sick and unable to move around. I am afraid to get too excited about how well she seems to be doing; besides the hair, she seems so normal and healthy.

Upcoming for treatment this week, is labs Tuesday and Friday, with a physical exam on Wednesday. Another very light week.

6 comments:

Emma said...

Emily you continue to amaze us all. You are truly incredible. We hope you are having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend with your family.

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOOOOO GOOD TO HEAR THAT SHE IS DOING SO WELL SHE IS ONE STRONG GIRL THAT I KNOW
EMILY I AM SO PROUD OF YOU AND WE LOVE YOU GOD BLESS YOU ANGEL

BEV

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily -
It is so good to hear how well you are doing. You're the best. Can't wait to see you this week.
Love, Grannie

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily -
Grampa sends his greetings. How are you doing? From the blog, it sounds like you're doing well. Grannie's coming this week to see you, but unfortunately I will be in Wichita so I won't be able to see you. Take care of yourself. Love you,
Grampa

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily! I'm so glad you are having fun mini golfing and shopping- those are two of my favorite things to do too! I will be at Country Lane on Thursday subbing in room 12. I'll stop by Mrs. Smith's room and see if you're there! I miss you! :)

Love,
Miss Ewers

Anonymous said...

Emily! You are such a strong girl! I am praying you continue to do so well!

Kim, Nora, Tara, David and Boo