Monday, May 12, 2008

Plans for the week.

We had a great weekend. Emily and Haley played in the backyard in the sprinklers both Saturday and Sunday. On Sunday morning Emily, Haley and I got up early and made Tracy breakfast in bed to start off her Mother's Day. Emily joined her in bed to eat, and I wheeled Haley's high chair in the bedroom to join in the fun. I was the "waiter" getting additional drinks, napkins etc. It sounded like the girls had a fun time. Haley and Emily gave Tracy a couple Mother's Day cards, one made by Emily, one we bought. We also had some small gifts for Tracy. About a month ago it donned on me that Mother's Day was coming up, and I prayed that Emily would be healthy and happy and that we would all be home together. My prayers were definitely answered. I was also very thankful that my Mother was here this year, given her recent emergency heart surgery. For dinner, my Mom, my Brother, and the Pepper's all had dinner together at our house. After dinner we were all treated to a "Dance Show" that Emily had been preparing for all weekend. I am still floored that Emily has so much energy and is able to stay so happy and positive.

This week we are expecting to resume Chemo. Emily will get her labs tomorrow and that will determine if we do start up again. If we do she will put under for a lumbar puncture on Wednesday morning. Then she will get a IV treatment of Cytoxin. And we will give her the Cyterabine and Mercapurtine (sp?) here at home. Even though Emily will probably get sicker again because she's back on the Chemo, I am happy to proceed with treatment. On Friday Emily will be having an Ultrasound and appointment with her Hematologist to determine if the blood clot has completely resolved itself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so good to hear Emily's voice. She sounds so happy and energetic. She was very excited about Mother's Day coming up and it sounds like it was a big success. Take care and keep me posted on lab results.
Love, Grannie

Anonymous said...

Emily and family,
I am so happy to hear that you spent such a wondrful Mother's Day together. It is always a treat to see Emily and Tracey when they come into the Country Lane office. I love Emily's wig. Mrs. Smith has been telling me what a wonderful time she has with you when she comes to work with you at home Emily....I hope you have a wonderful week and I look forward to seeing you soon again at Country Lane

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Tracy!!

Dear Emily,
I had such a wonderful time with you yesterday...I especially loved the "Dance Show"! You are so cool! Can't wait to see you again soon. :)
Love,
Mrs. Smith

Emma said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend, we are all so glad! You've got some pretty great kids. We hope resuming the chemo goes as smoothly as possible and that the clot is completely gone. Love to all of you.