Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Labs and CT results

Today was Emily's lab day. I was able to take her this week and give Tracy a break. Since Emily is still H1N1 positive she has to be isolated from the other 1 North patients. There are kids in the waiting room who are waiting for bone marrow transplants, with resperators on that really can't risk Emily being near them. We had her labs drawn and she did a great job. Then they told me that Dr. Link wanted to see Emily. At first I was a bit alarmed because Dr. Link doesn't usually see people on their lab days and even more rare to see him without an appointment. Then I remembered that we had a CT scan Monday and he must have the results. Again this was the first time we've had CT scan where I was much less worried than I have ever been about the results. I remember the first few CT scans were so hard on me because we had to wait days for the results, and the results are so important, they are THE true diagnostic that the treatment is working or that it isn't. But this time I think I actually worried hard for about the 2 minutes I was sitting there waiting for Dr. Link to come in the room. He walked in all masked up and said to Emily, "Your CT looked GREAT! What's for dinner tomorrow night?" And they started to talk about Thanksgiving.

They told me they need to swab her next week for H1N1 again to see if it's gone, but until then she remains on Tamiflu. One of the side effects of Tamiflu are bad dreams, and or hallucinations, Emily's has been reporting some bad dreams lately. We don't know what she is dreaming about because she tells us it's too scary to talk about. Sometimes the dreams are about her and sometimes about Haley. We are keeping an eye on her well being but she really seems great otherwise.

Tomorrow we will be having a very early Thanksgiving Lunch at my Mom's house, Tracy has to work the evening shift so we are getting the meal in early so she gets to be there.

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone. Have a wonderful day with your families and loved ones.

No comments: