Wednesday, July 29, 2009

We got here, 9600 ft!

Today was a big travel day, for our Colorado trip. Last night I flew by myself from SFO to Denver. Tracy, Haley and Emily were using miles and left at 6am this morning. It would have cost me more to fly with them than the flight I took, that's why we traveled out here on different planes. Tracy, Emily and Haley caught a 6am flight out of SFO, made a stop over in Las Vegas, and then onto Denver. I was at Denver Airport with the car already rented. Once they arrived we grabbed our bags and headed up I-70 to Summit County. We are staying in the town on Breckenridge which is around 9600 ft above sea level. You can really feel the altitude.

We are staying in a great house, that I have actually rented before on a ski trip. It is also owned by some family friends of ours. Once we got here we explored the house. Emily and Haley were excited about the bunk room with bunk beds. Em, Haley, and I played a few rounds of hide n seek, this house is pretty large and new to us, so it was actually a lot of fun. The rest of the day we unpacked, shopped for food and made dinner. Tracy and Haley crashed early and Emily and I are up watching a little TV.

Tomorrow we have reservations to go on a 1.5 hour horseback trail ride. Emily also wants to rent bikes, so we will probably do that on Friday.

We are all having a really good and fun time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grampa was in Boulder on business for the day Thursday and leaves early Friday morning to fly home. You just missed him. Hope you have a fun trip.
Love, Grannie

Unknown said...

I bet you're going to have so much fun. Jealous!

Anonymous said...

You mean like on a horse? Some people are going to have sore *****. The last time we tried to take a horse tour, I got on the horse and it seemed sooo far from the ground. Then my husband discovered that a previous groin injury was going to make it impossible for him to continue. I was so happy to cancel the trip and "keep him company". Your vacation time always sounds like so much fun. Keep it up. The best medicine for everybody is staying active and enjoying what you are doing...especially with a great family like yours. You might even ponder a moment or two on how lucky you guys are.
Cheers...Celia