Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Another monthly chemo.....DONE

It seems like time is flying because today was Emily's monthly IV chemo. She is also on her 5 day course of Prednisone. So far she is reacting reasonably to the Prednisone. She seems a little more irritable than normal. Things went well at the hospital today. Her exam was unremarkable, in fact we talked to the NP more about what is going on in our lives, than talked about Emily's specific issue. She's doing well, still is the main point to take away.

Her IV stick was a little rough at first, the nurse didn't hit the area that the patch had numbed. It was ok though and they were able to get the IV in to take blood out, and to put Chemo in. Emily stared at the TV most of the time through the procedure and didn't even realize she was done when it was time to go home.

I get exhausted on Chemo day but not Emily, she's off to the pool AGAIN.

8 more IV chemo sessions and she will be complete with Chemo. I almost don't want to say this because I seem to jinx myself from time to time, but I can see the end finally, wow.

5 comments:

Celia said...

Sometimes things seem to go faster when you can see the final goal. She has only 1/3 of the treatment time left to complete and she is all done with the hardest 2/3. And she still has that indomitable spirit that has her off to the pool for more fun and excitement. I don't think you have to feel bad any time you have a sense of relief that you are almost done. I think you just need to pat yourselves on the back for getting through this with a cheerful daughter with a can-do attitude and a joy for things around her.
Celia

Emma said...

Yeah Emily!!!

Lauren Rodriguez said...

Aloha you guys! It's Lauren. I just read your latest blog entry! The only thing I have to say is, yay! You go, Emily! I'm really happy for you. I hope things continue to go well. Swimming is one of my favorite things to do in summertime as well!
I hope to hear from you guys soon, but take your time
God loves you
Your friend, Lauren

Dirty Mouth said...

I've heard some people who finish with the Delayed Intensification say that they were done. Now, you are saying the end of chemo is done. Sometimes I feel that "done" isn't what I want at all. (meaning over and done.)

Thanks for posting. So good to read about other families going through this.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that things are progessing well for Emily. I hope you will all have a great time at Disneyland. I can't believe that in one short month it will be time for school to start again. I look forward to seeing Emily when school starts and will make sure I come over to Country Lane to see her.

Mrs. Breit