Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Emily's levels are still too low, they are going to lower her dose

Emily was neutropenic again this week with her ANC at 490. She has been low for so long now that her NP talked to Dr. Link and he wants to lower her dosage this week back down to %50. Let's hope that she is able to over come whatever virus she has had here so she can get back on track with her chemotherapy at %100 dosage where it really needs to be. Next week she is going to have a CT Scan which I am also really anxious about.

Tracy and I are going away tomorrow for two nights in Las Vegas which we are really looking forward to, but it's mixed feelings for me at this point because Emily is neutropenic, since it increases her chances of being hospitalized. My Mom is going to watch them and for a night, and then Tracy's parents for the next night. They are all capable of caring for her, and want the best, but they also don't know as much about Emily's care as Tracy and I do, so I fret about going.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful time in Las Vegas together. You definitely deserve to get some time to relax and treat yourselves a bit. :)

Love,
Lori

Anonymous said...

Chris,
I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you, but it is important for you and Tracey to have some time to regroup....grandparents are the next best thing to parents when it comes to caring for children....2 days isn't very long and Vegas isn't that far....It sounds like all of the grandparents are so in tune with your family and what needs to be done for Emily...try to just get away and we will all keep you and Tracey and Emily and Haley and the grandparents in our thoughts and prayers....things will be fine...I wish you a safe trip

Cathy Breit

Anonymous said...

Check in as often as you need to to be comfortable, but have a great time. You really are allowed to have fun on your own. As Cathy Breit said, "2 days isn't very long and Vegas isn't that far" so with the capable grandparents that Emily and Haley have, your children are in wonderful hands.
Cheers...Celia

Lauren said...

Hi Emily, Chris, Tracy and Haley. It's Lauren. I hope Emily gets better soon. I'll definitely keep her in my prayers. I also hope you and Tracy have a nice time in Vegas if you do decide to go. Tell Em I said hi and I hope she feels better soon!
God bless,
Your friend, Lauren

Ms. Mama said...

Our doc said, that he had some kids go all the way through treatment at 50 to 80% and that was okay for them.

Good Luck.