Saturday, June 6, 2009

Weekend away

Tracy and I did get away for our "mini getaway" in Las Vegas. It was a good time, we saw a good show, ate some amazing meals, relaxed, slept in, swam a little in the pool. I am really glad we were able to get away and don't regret it, but also being away allowed me to focus on all we have going on, and it was somewhat depressing. I don't think I was able to stop worrying about Emily the entire time, both short and long term about what will happen to her. I am happy we have one more weekend day to all hang out as a family.

This coming week Emily will be having her CT Scan. It's an anxious time for Tracy and I when we have these scans. Hers will be on Wednesday. She will also have a blood draw to check her levels. I hope her ANC starts to rebound on this lower dose and we can start to talk about increasing it in a few weeks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris and Tracy, I wish that I could worry for you for a while, but as it is, I will worry with you. Until the good results are real and in front of you, I know that anxiety will continue...even (and maybe even especially) when things are going well. All you can do is take it one day at a time and not get fooled into thinking that if you get too happy, you will be sorry later. Every day enjoyed is a day enjoyed. I hope Emily's ANCs get back to normal and the full treatment doses will resume shortly. All the best...Celia

Anonymous said...

Pepper Family,
Know that I continue to pray for you. I keep a prayer journal of what I ask the Lord for and how the prayers are answered. I looked back to my journal of March 2008 and your family is there and I continue to pray for Emily and each of you as you walk this hard road. I pray for healing for Emily and peace as you face each new day with its unknowns. Know that I continue to pray for dear, sweet, courageous Emily who through the pages of your blog humbles me with her wisdom and optimism. May the scan this week be good news in all ways.
Thanks for sharing your journey through the blog.
Pam (Tracy's work friend)

Anonymous said...

Chris,

I try to understand why things like Emily's illness happen in life and am unable to come up with an acceptable answer...I have watched her journey and how she and your family have been so very corageous. I am blessed to follow along as Emily fights this battle and I believe that she will win...I will continue to pray for all of you and as long as you continue to report the progress the people who know and love you all will continue with our support. I am glad you had a chance to get away - I believe that times like that are needed so that you can regroup, reflect and revitalize yourself for the days ahead....I will be thinking positive thoughts and praying for good results from Emily's tests this week...

Cathy Breit

Rouge Parry said...

You guys are amazing parents and I envy your determination, courage and positiveness. I hope that I can be as good of a parent as you guys. You guys are always in my thoughts. Best of luck and GO EMILY!!!