Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Emily's Wednesday, still moderately neutropenic

Emily had her labs today and her ANC is still pretty low, around 580 which is moderately neutropenic. That means we have to keep our eyes open for fever ever more than normal. Haley has been sick with a cold, so there is that risk that Emily will get it and then have issues. So far things have been going fine though. She still has some sniffles and a little cough. Overall her attitude has been up-beat and she has been going to school. Today she went on a field trip to the Tech Museum in San Jose. Her class took the light rail to get there, she was really excited about it.

They are going to continue Emily at %75 dosage this week. They are talking about changing her over all dosage if she can't get back to %100 here. They explained to us that Emily has not gone 1 full cycle (roughly a 3 month period) without having to have at least some reduced dosage, so a total reduction might be needed. We are going to hear more about it next week.

We don't have anything else planned medically this week, and will probably take it easy over this coming weekend.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Hi you guys! Aloha! It's Lauren. I'm glad Emily had fun on her field trip to the tech museum! I'll continue to pray for her that she can be moved up to 100 percent soon for her treatment. I also hope Haley feels better as well!

I know this is way off topic, but you mentioned in an e-mail you sent me that you were going to buy my first book. I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

Did Emily get a chance to see HM the movie? Did she like it? I loved it and I'm not a huge fan of the show. I saw it twice, I loved it so much.

When I saw the previews for the movie, I knew it would be different in a good way and I had to see it. I wasn't disappointed one bit! The movie actually helped me a lot in my own life. My fave song from it is "The Climb." If Emily did see the movie, does she have a favorite song from it?
Tell Emily I said hi and I hope she has a good weekend!
I hope to hear from you guys soon, but take your time
Aloha
Your friend, Lauren

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a tough day today. Hope Em and Haley are doing better tomorrow.
Love, Grannie

Anonymous said...

I am happy that Emily has been able to be at school and do the field trip to the Tech museum. It must be very difficult for all of you when someone else in the family gets sick, creating a situation where you understandably get very worried about Emily coming down with something. I continue to find all of you efforts and positive attitude to be such an inspiration...Emily couldn't have more caring parents...You have all stepped up to this challenge in your lives with determination and grace and I know that the future holds wonderous things for Emily....as the end of another school year approaches, I hope you will have a restful healthy summer...

Cathy Breit