Monday, May 4, 2009

Emily is back in school, getting better every day

We thought Emily's cough is to the point where we could send her back to school today. She is only coughing at night, and even then it's getting less and less frequent. She had some apprehension about going back today after a full week off, but once she got there, I am sure she is doing fine.

Her energy level is pretty good, however she and I went for a walk to the shopping center on Saturday for some coffee and hot chocolate. On the way home she had to stop and sit several times. I do this walk with her a lot and it was unusual for her to take so many breaks. Then about 20 minutes after we got home she came to me and said "daddy remember you asked me to be honest with you if I am ever not feeling well?" to which I said "yes, sweetie what's wrong" and she said, "I am having a hard time catching my breath." I was worried but since I knew she had pneumonia, it was probably the reason. She also complained about cramps on her left side, which I also nervously passed off as the pneumonia. Her cramps come from time to time, and really scare me every time she reports them. The reason they scare me is before she was diagnosed she complained of really bad cramps, which looking back were the formation of her tumors. Cramps can be normal, so it's one of those things that I try not to worry about, but knowing what I know, it's hard not to.

This week she will have a lab draw on Wednesday and right now that's the only thing that is scheduled medically. She remains on %100 dosage of her Chemo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Chris -
Thanks for letting us know that Emily was able to go back to school today. I wasn't sure she would be well enough over her cough. Hope she doesn't get too tired out today.
Love, Grannie

Anonymous said...

I am guessing that being sick has kept her pretty inactive for the last couple of weeks. As she begins to feel better and the pneumonia disappears, she has started pushing to do more and that takes some getting used to. I am confident that some time doing her normal routine will return the perky, can-do Emily. It may take a few more days than that for the perky, confident parents to appear. :-)
Celia

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about those nagging worry thoughts... However, I was told that normal cramps from walking a lot or running are caused from not breathing deep enough. If that is correct, it makes sense that while she's still recovering from pneumonia, she wouldn't be able to breath deep enough. Most likely, it's just that. Praise be to God, she will be dancing around in no time. She is blessed.

We continue to pray, seeing her dancing with joy.

Love and prayers,
Auntie Diana ~^..^~ and Uncle Marty

Anonymous said...

Emily,
I am so happy to hear that you are back at school. I hope your first day back was a good day. I will try to get by Country Lane sometime this week and will look for you on the playground...I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday.

Mrs. Breit