Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving, my 200th post.

It has been a long year, with many ups and downs. I am so thankful to have my family together on this Thanksgiving. Emily has been through so much, and she looks so good, I pray that that continues. I am thankful my Mom survived her Aorta surgery, just weeks after Emily was diagnosed. I am thankful that through all the stress and trials that our family has remained strong and positive.

This holiday and my experience this year also brings a new layer of sadness and awareness to the forefront for me. There are families who are not as fortunate as we are, who have very very sick children in the hospital. I can't imagine how they pull up the strength to be thankful. I pray for them to get the strength to make to through. It's a long and sometimes lonely road. I wish I could help more.

Emily is doing well, we went to San Francisco last night and had a really great time. My Mom, Haley, Tracy, Emily, and I went out to dinner and stayed over night. It was a really fun time for all of us. Today Emily had to go have her labs drawn and her levels were close to what they were last week, which doesn't seem to be alarming anyone. Next week she has her monthly chemo, and we have a CT exam so have a look inside. We are really nervous about this CT since it's the first look in a while and the first since we have gone on maintenance.

15 more months to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Chris, Tracey, Emily and Haley.

We do have a great deal to be thankful for this year. I am especially thankful for the successes Emily has had during this ordeal. Thank you Chris for reminding us that we need to keep praying for all children with illnesses and their families. I am happy to hear about the wonderful time you had in San Francisco and I hope that tomorrow is a wonderful celebration of thanks for all of us. I will be keeping Emily in my thoughts and prayers as you proceed with her treatment next week. I hope this long weekend is a happy one for you all.

Love,
mrs. breit

Emma said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! We will be thinking of you next week. Miss you guys.