Saturday, April 5, 2008

Friday

Today Emily went in for labs, and had her PICC line dressing changed. Tracy and Em met witb an Oncology NP who said the labs looked good and Emily is doing well considering how hard she's been hit with Chemo.

Emily wasn't sick today, just a little upset stomach. She is really tired but it is all as expected.

I am back at work and didn't go to the hospital today. It's hard to not be with Emily all the time but I want to try to get back some routines. I am going to work from home more often, which is an option at Intuit. Of course I will take time off to be there for the big stuff and the regular weekly meetings with her Oncologist.

3 comments:

Kim said...

We were out of town, and so missed out on events here (you can see I woke up in the middle of the night and decided to catch up on the blog!). I am really sorry about the upset stomach. That is hard, and I hope in this three week period of no chemo (I hope I'm getting this straight), she'll be feeling better. The news about the x-ray is definitely positive.

Going back to work must be hard, but that makes sense about having some normal routines, for yourself as well as for the family.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Wow. More prayers on the way for a quick return to a state without tummy sickness. Hopefully this little break will help.

Many many hugs for Emily and the whole Pepper family.

Love,
Kim and the Witkowski family

Emma said...

Chris we are glad to hear that Emily was feeling a little better today and that her labs look good. Sounds like the transition back to work will be a little easier with Intuit being so flexible. It must be hard to be away but it is nice that they will allow you to work from home more. We are hoping you are all able to enjoy your weekend.