Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

We are really enjoying the holiday season this year. It did seem to sneak up on us but we were able to get prepared enough to have a really relaxing and fun time with family.

Last night for Christmas eve Emily, Haley, my brother Nick, and my Mom went to church at 3pm for a children's service. Tracy and I didn't go to church and used to the time to get ready for today. We all went up to my Mom's house for dinner. My Step Sister Carrie and her husband Jason were there with their children, and we were also joined by the Scott's. Simon's Mom Jude and her friend David were also with us. Jude and David are here from England visiting Jude's son Simon and family. We had Tamales, a giant burrito, and a chili relleno. And the adults had a few Margartias. We all had a really fun night. Just before bed Emily put out some cookies for Santa.

We were woken up this morning by Emily who was excited to see what Santa had brought her. We got up around 7:30, which is actually late for us. Emily and Haley both got gifts from Santa. Emily has been wanting a night stand and Santa got her one that matches her bed from Pottery Barn. Emily also got some games for her Nintendo DS, some charms for her charm bracelet, and two tickets to High School Musical on Ice. Santa also left some candy. We think Haley had a warning from Santa because she had some candy coal in her stocking, but also made out pretty well. Both the kids were really happy and excited. Just what we wanted. We have a Christmas tradition that we make Breakfast and our family comes to our house. Tracy always makes the same Egg dish, and it's very good. This year it turned out extra good. We all had breakfast and then opened present from each other. I don't know why I even worried about Emily's gifts she loved everything. Tracy's parents gave Emily and I a Wii fit, which we are really excited about. We tried it out and it's even more amazing than I had expected. It was a really fun surprise.

We are going to spend most of the rest of the day here at home. We will be going back up to my Mom's a little later for dinner. We live about 20 miles apart and it's mostly freeway.

We all have had a great day. I am so thankful that we are all here celebrating together. I have a new perspective on life after what I have seen Emily and our family have had to go through, and holidays are much more special to me than they have been before. I am taking until Jan. 5th off of work and I am looking forward to having some fun with the family next week.

Emily continues on her %50 dose, she seems to be feeling great, and has tons of energy. I can't thank the staff at Packard Hospital enough for what they have done for us and how well Emily's treatment is going. Next week she has a lab draw and that's all that is planned medically.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you guys had a good holiday! You will enjoy the Wii Fit. I lucked into one a few months ago and we have been having fun with it. Actually I need to do it more... Since the stupid thing says I am obese! The nerve!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I am very happy for you. Christmas is such a special time for all of us to just spend time with our families and count our blessings. How exciting about the Wii Fit....I have played that one with my grandchildren before. My grandson, Cejaye is 4 and quite the Wii expert. I tried playing a new game with him today and he was quick to inform me that the game we had choosen was far above my ability level.....it was fun anyway.....everyone had a good time laughing at grandma. Have a wonderful holiday week.

Mrs. Breit