Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hard having to wait

I had expected that we would have seen Dr Link yesterday and could have gone over the CT scan the same day it was taken. Usually they are really good at expediting the results of tests for us, because they are aware of how stressful it is to wait. We didn't know but were informed that Dr Link was out of town, so we will have to wait until next Wednesday to hear the results. Hopefully he will be back sooner and will call us earlier, but there was no promise it would happen. It was really hard today when I was asked multiple times "How's Emily, how did yesterday go?" I want to smile and say "she's great" but I can't I feel if I do I am going to jinx the results so I just say, "she seems great but we are waiting some test results" which sounds so negative to me. It's going to be hard for me to really relax and even think about the holidays until I hear some news, and of course I really hope it's good news.

Emily is doing great, we are now on day 2 of this month's Prednisone flash. She doesn't seem to be having too hard of a time on them yet, and we only have 3 days to go. Her spirits are still high. Tonight she is going to a bake sale for a local school that her brownie troop is supporting.

This weekend we will be getting our Christmas tree, and I will be hanging the lights on the house.

4 comments:

Emma said...

We are thinking of you guys. It must be so hard to have to wait such a long time, hopefully you will hear something sooner. Getting the christmas tree should be a lot of fun. With all the lights and the tree your house will be looking very festive. Sending lots of love and good wishes your way.

Anonymous said...

Chris & Tracey
Many friends and family are continuing to pray for Emily and send positive thoughts your way. I know the waiting is difficult. I wish you peace of mind so that you can have a great weekend and find the best christmas tree ever.
Mrs. Breit

Anonymous said...

There are no words that stop parents from worrying about their children...even when they are grown. They just worry less sometimes. I hope that Dr Link understands your anxiety and gives you a call on Monday with lots of good news. You haven't been wearing your lucky socks all this time, have you? My best wishes and good thoughts for the most wonderful holiday season you have ever had with joy and fun for the whole family.
Celia

Jessica Nichols said...

I so hear you about it's hard to relax and make fun plans when you're worrying about scan results. I so wish I had some magical advice for you on this one, but sadly I do not.

All I can do is now that I'm back online, I can offer to take over your worries for the rest of this night. I used to do this with some of my other lymphoma friends, we called it something like taking a Worry Day.

I will do the worrying for the rest of the night and you can resume it in the morning. It sounds funny but it used to actually help me.