Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Emily is back to %100 chemo dose.

After about a 6 week lag Emily has been cleared to go back to %100 chemo dose, since her ANC was over 1000, at 1039. You can see that it was barely over so it's really important that she attempts to avoid sick people and to wash her hands like crazy. Both Tracy and I have really been pushing the hand washing, sometimes having the girls do it for no reason. We also mix sanitizer in there from time to time.

We were hoping that Packard would have the H1N1 vaccine today, but they are still waiting. I hope they get it soon, I really want Emily to get it. I've been following it on the news and they expect it to peak next week. Luckily her school hasn't had any out breaks of it yet.

This weekend is a big one. Friday is Emily's actual birthday ! She is really excited about her birthday this year, and she is so much healthier than last year so we are trying to make it as special for her as we can. Her class is already having a Halloween party that day but Em still wants to bring donuts, so she's going to. On Saturday some good friends of ours are having a Halloween Party which we are going to go to during the afternoon, and then come home to our neighborhood for trick or treating. Emily and Haley are super excited about trick or treating. Emily is going to be a Ferry and Haley is going to be a Witch. On Sunday is Emily's birthday party which is going to be a ice skating party in the afternoon. It's going to be a long and fun weekend, and of course full of sugar.

(Wahoo fish Taco will give your kids a free meal if they give them all of their Halloween candy. Not a bad idea.)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Hey you guys! Aloha! Lauren here. I just read Emily's latest blog entry. I'm soo happy to hear she's back to 100 percent! I'm also excited to hear about her birthday and Halloween plans! I hope she has a fun time at her birthday party and those two Halloween parties! She definitely deserves it. I'm sorry I haven't been commenting as much. I have been keeping up with the blog and praying for Em every night. I've just been a little busy. But things have calmed down now.
I hope to hear from you guys soon, but take your time! Tell Em I said hi and happy birthday from me!
God bless,
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Can't believe you can't get the H1N1 vaccine for Emily yet. My boss (a 33-year-old, non-pregnant, healthy male with no health risks) told me today that Kaiser told him to just come down to the clinic and he can get it any time. I'm not understanding how the distribution of this vaccine is being accomplished. People at the same susceptibility rate seem to be able to get it in some counties when other counties have nothing.
Had a great time with Emily and Haley last weekend for Em's birthday. I know she'll have another great time for her real birthday.
Love, Grannie

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily!
Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a fantastic birthday yesterday. :) Have a great time at the Halloween party and trick or treating...and at your ice skating party. What a fun weekend!

Love,
Mrs. Smith :)