Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ski weekend

This weekend we were up in Truckee CA, which is very close to Lake Tahoe and right next to Donner Lake. Last weekend in the storm the area got multiple feet of new snow, which made for great conditions for playing in the snow and getting some skiing in. We were staying at a home which was perfect for a nice cozy weekend. We are so grateful to the Hansens for the use of their home !

When we arrived we all got on our snow clothes and went outside to play in the snow. The house had two snow ball makers, which I had never seen before. Emily and Haley had a lot of fun playing in the snow. We also made a "snow fort" which some shovels. On Saturday Emily and Tracy went skiing and Haley and I stayed at the home base. I love to ski but since Tracy and Emily are at the same ability level, we thought it would be fun for Tracy and Emily to take a private lesson together. Unfortunately Tracy twisted her knee so her day ended early, but Emily completed the lesson by herself and had a great time. She was so happy and proud of herself at the end of the day. It put the biggest smile on my face.

Today we woke up to snow falling, though it's a pretty warm storm so it's not sticking to the roads too much and I am expecting a relatively easy drive home. Having gone to college in Colorado I am very comfortable driving in snowy conditions.

Looking ahead to the week, this is Emily's week for IV Chemo and her monthly course of Prednisone. She will also be seeing Dr. Link and having her labs drawn.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad Emily is having a good time at the snow, but sorry about Tracy's and your mishaps. Take care and keep warm.
Love, Grannie

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you had such a wonderful weekend. It sounds like the weather conditions were just perfect. I hope Tracey's knee heals and look forward to seeing Emily very soon....I know it is almost girl scout cookie time. The journey you have traveled this past year has made us all appreciate our blessings...You have taught so many of us life lessons in dealing with the unexpected with strength and a positive attitude by sharing Emily's experiences. Emily is one amazing young lady.

Mrs. Breit

Emma said...

Great pictures. Glad you guys had a wonderful time. Hope Tracy's knee is better.

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed the snow this weekend too - and built an igloo! Love to hear about your fun and the new photos. Sorry to hear about Tracy's knee. Uggggh.
Tell Emily hello from us and hope to see you guys soon!
-Jessica, John & gang

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily,

I am so happy to hear you had a fun trip and enjoyed the snow. You'll have to tell me more about the snow ball makers. How fun! Please tell your mom that I hope her knee feels better. I love the pictures of you and your family.
I also wanted to tell you that I REALLY enjoyed your video. You are amazing! You really made me smile. I hope to see you dance real soon!
Love,
Mrs. Smith